PHP Classes

Could not do anything with it.

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Ghost Face  >  All threads  >  Could not do anything with it.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Could not do anything with it.
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Alekos Psimikakis
Date:2017-10-17 00:40:17

Alekos Psimikakis rated this package as follows:

Utility: Bad
Consistency: Not sure
Documentation: Bad
Examples: Not sure

1. Could not do anything with it.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-17 00:40:17
Could not do anything with it. 'expire.class.php' missing. They could at least mention where can this be found!
Bad!

2. Re: Could not do anything with it.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of zinsou A.A.E.Moïse zinsou A.A.E.Moïse - 2017-10-17 11:25:33 - In reply to message 1 from Alekos Psimikakis
hi
when you download a package on the phpclasses site you need to be sure to read carefully the download page to know if the package got some dependencies.Most of the classes in the repository reused other packages from different authors to work and it is sometime stupid to upload the same files on the PHPCLASSES host...It is for this reason and other that you didn't find the package Expire directly included in my package.Of course you don't read anymore the other topics in the forum because some users have already asked about this matter and i once answer.But you are welcome i'm in a good day so i will not care about your tactlessness and your impatience so this is the link :
phpclasses.org/package/6324-PHP-Gen ...

that you can found in my package dependencies.And please in the future when your taste for the easiness push you to download something that you don't understand take a little time to ask before rating too bad the work of others that you can't yourself do because if you could you wouldn't download it.Take the time to learn how to efficiently use the PHPCLASSES REPOSITORY and last but not least read the topics in the forum and the license file before any bad rating or comments.The rating system must be serious and you, you just don't rate the package but you just express your fury because you can't easily profit from this freeware ...
Best regards and thanks for your feedback.

3. Re: Could not do anything with it.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-17 18:43:54 - In reply to message 2 from zinsou A.A.E.Moïse
I see. Extra S/W needed. But all this is too complicated. I strongly believe that the submitted PHP classes should be ready for testing with as much as less effort as possible and not having to read lengthy documentations. If however, extra S/W is still needed, this should be mentioned early enough in the description, so that the users who don't want to swim in unknown waters or get into much trouble (just for testing) could skip the PHP package altogether in the first place.

4. Re: Could not do anything with it.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of zinsou A.A.E.Moïse zinsou A.A.E.Moïse - 2017-10-17 20:10:52 - In reply to message 3 from Alekos Psimikakis
Most of the classes in the repository reused other packages from different authors to work and it is sometimes stupid to upload the same files on the PHPCLASSES host and as you say nobody likes to waste his time.Except the fact that upload again the same files from others is a big lost of time, we also overload the PHPCLASSES Host, compromise the files upload statistics ,the files download statistics, the user reputation statistics and the just recognition for programers who fully deserve it because most of them do it for free...I can also add the fact that PHPCLASSES allows programers to import their packages from SVN ,GITHUB and others and it will really be tiresome to upload the same packages each time we simply reuse their content...Dear i also want to add that you could find some really cool features if sometimes you take just some minutes and give some chance to some packages even if you are forced to make them work after much exertion .
Once again thanks for your feedback...Regards.

5. Re: Could not do anything with it.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alekos Psimikakis Alekos Psimikakis - 2017-10-18 09:56:15 - In reply to message 4 from zinsou A.A.E.Moïse
Of course it's a waste of time and space etc. to upload already existing packages. But I never questioned that. What I said was that the fact of extra S/W needed should be mentioned early in the main description of the PHP class. And that it is mandatory (e.g. Composer), not an option.

BTW, "most"??? (of the classes in the repository reused other packages from different authors). You must mean, "some" or "many".